In Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 60-2019, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) clarified that documentary stamp tax (DST) shall not be imposed in case of a transfer of a real property by an Ecozone Developer/Operator duly registered under PEZA to another PEZA entity, provided that such sale or disposition is directly pursuant to their registered activities of both entities.
For purposes of availing DST exemption, the taxpayer must submit the following documents:
- Certified true copy of the latest PEZA Certificate of Registration of the PEZA Ecozone Developer/Operator and the parties to the transaction;
- Certified true copy, of PEZA Registration Agreement; and
- Certified true copy, of the following PEZA certificate of available tax incentives as of the time of the transaction:
- PEZA Form No. 00-00-01 - Certification or-r Entitlement of 5% Gross Income Tax; and
- PEZA Form No. 00-03-01- Certification on Available Incentives.
Disclaimer: This article is for general information only and is not intended nor it be construed as a substitute for legal advice on any specific matter. A professional legal advice is still necessary to an actual or particular issue.